Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Best Mosquito Repellent

It's a Monday.  I'm supposed to be drowning in work.  But, there's something wrong with the system I'm working with--been offline for hours.  I was thinking of going back to bed and snooze off. Not the best of ideas--I had 8 hours of sleep last night!!!

What to do, what to do?

Blog.  I haven't blogged for a while.  I miss it.

It's not so much the writing that I miss.  After all, I get to write every week.  But those are heavy writing:  talent management, performance management, HR policies.  I need a break.

I need to write about anything: things that interest me , topics that have a freshness to them, subject matters that I can write about without too much effort.

So, what's the first topic I found?

Mosquitoes and mosquito repellent.

Why is this interesting to me?  I hate them.  I hate their bites.  I hate that buzzing sound they make when they hover somewhere near my ears.  I hate seeing the blood--my blood--that oozes out of my skin after I've successfully murdered this blood sucking whatever with my bare hands.  Of course, there's malaria and dengue which make all of us paranaoid. The mosquito: such a small thing to cause an upheaval.

Lucky for us there are coils (now with better smelling scents) and repellents.  I love lavender and citronella.  They're so easy to get hold of these days.  However, one more weapon against my archenemy will definitely help me win the war.

I found this article entitled "The Best Mosquito Repellent Ever Is Something You Already Own!".  Go ahead and click the link:
http://www.ivillage.com/best-mosquito-repellant-ever-something-you-already-own/7-a-541766?nlcid=in|07-28-2013|&_mid=1651332&_rid=1651332.55000.202577

Got yah!  I hope you are not as frustrated as I am to find nothing new here.  Oh well, it's a good reminder--and a tribute to the age-old and ever reliable fan.  They can repel alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment